France: Wine Harvest Tour
USD 3290 per person based on twin-sharing
- Airport transfers
- Hotel accommodation for 7 Nights
- Seat-in coach tour with English speaking tour guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary: 7 Breakfast buffet, 6 Lunch , 4 Dinner
- Experiences as indicated in the itinerary
- Tour entrance fee
- City Tax
- PH travel Tax
- Travel Insurance
- All beverages (unless otherwise specified)
- Incidentals in hotels such as laundry, telephone calls, mini bar
- All other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for the drivers & local guides
*Terms and Conditions apply see Heart of Alsace e-brochure page 93-94
- Guided city tours in Colmar, Capital of the Wine Route; Reims, City of coronation; and Paris
- Discovery of the "Pearls of Alsace": Riquewihr and Eguisheim, medieval villages ranked among the Most beautiful villages in france
- Exclusive harvest and wine-making experience in the heart of Alsatian vineyards
- Customize your wine label and be awarded "Winemaker for a day"
- Extraordinary experience aboard the hot-air balloon 150-meters above Epernay
- Facinating Cellar visits in Alsace and Champagne
- Private wine tasting in famous Alsatian estates and Champagne Houses
Cultural and Religious Heritage Site Visits
- Haut-Koenigsbourg castle, one of the symbols of the Alsatian heritage
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- La Petite France District
- Reims Cathedral
- Explore UNESCO world heritage sites in Champagne: hillsides of the Aÿ's vineyard in Champagne
Memorable Lunch and Dinner
- Food & wine pairing with a scenic view of the vineyards
- Lunch in traditional Winstub
- Dinner in local Alsatian restaurants
- Food & Champagne pairing for lunch
- Dinner in local restaurants in Reims
- Lunch in the Eiffle Tower Restaurant, "The 58" with exceptional views over Paris, or at the legendary Brasserie, "La Coupole" in Montaparnasse
Arrive at Zurich airport at around 1:20pm and transfer to your Hotel in Alsace. At around 5:00pm check-in and then join everyone for a welcome drink and an introduction about your trip. Enjoy a nice dinner in a traditional restaurant.
Start the day with a walking guided tour of the old city center and seat of the European Parliament, Strasbourg. Discover its 2000-years history and exceptional UNESCO heritage as you encounter the majestic Notre Dame Cathedral and La Petite France. Enjoy a local lunch in a traditional "Winstub" in Strasbourg. In the afternoon, grasp the sense of the region's historical and cultural heritage and follow the wine route. Visit the Haut-Koenisgbourg Caste, one of the symbols of the Alsatian heritage and discover Riqewihr, one of the "Pearls of the Wine route" and ranked as one of the "Most beautiful Villages" in France. Continue your journey with a guided tour of the Old town of Colmar, the Capital of the Wine Route. There you'll discover the little Venice, Half-timbered house, the covered market, St. Martin's Church. Experience a delightful dinner in a traditional restaurant to finish your day.
After the breakfast, we join a Wine Estate on the wine route. Discover the geoplogy of Alsatian oils and terroirs plus learn more about grape-picking techniques and procedures. Get the actual experience of grape havesting, a kit of the picker will be provided. For lunch, enjoy your harvest and taste a pair of the well known strasbourg sausages with some mustard. Begin the afternoon with grape tasting which is a significant step of wine vinification to discover the origin of the unique Alsatian wine flavors. In the latter part of the afternoon, proceed to the cellar. Here you'll learn various essential stages before the fermentation. The long great day ends with a freetime to shop in Colmar and have dinner at a local restaurant
To start the second day, you will have the opportunity to participate in a workshop to experience the blend of different Alsatian grape varieties. After the learning sesson, enjoy the local winmaker's lunch starting with a "presskopf", to be followed by a "coq au vin" as a main course served with "spaetzle", the Alsatian pastas. With the blend finally ready after lunch, bottle your own "cuvee" and then personalize your labels to come back with your own bottle of wine. Have something more to brag about as you take home a diploma that says "Winegrower of a day". Head back to Colmar and have dinner at your own, which you can also share with your family and friends.
Private transfer to the historical sparkling wine province, Champagne, located between Alsace region and Paris. On the way, stop in the Lorraine Region to visit the vineyards of the appellation "Côtes de Toul" which are on the village of Toul on the western banks of the Moselle river. Enjoy a cellar visit and a wine tasting of it’s famous “Vin Gris des Côtes de Toul“ that develops intense and unique fruity and floral flavours. After a lunch in the area, continuation to the City of Reims. Check-in as you arrive and have dinner at around 7:00pm. Spend a night at leisure to relax and enjoy City of Reims!
Walk at the city centre of Reims and visit the Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where French kings were coronated during the French Monarchy. Carry on with a fascinating dive into the “crayères”, the sumptuous Champagne cellars, and have a taste of their products they take pride of. Travel to the south of Reims and arrive in the area of Hautvillers village, the cradle of Champagne, for an original Champagne and food pairing. After lunch, take a shortwalk in the village of Dom Pérignon, the “Father of Champagne” and then proceed to your wine journey in the "Champagne Alley” in Epernay which is registered as a UNESCO world heritage site. After, have an extraordinary experience 150-meters above the ground aboard the balloon of Epernay. Discover the hidden gardens of the Avenue de Champagne and contemplate the hillsides of the Champagne vineyards. To cap off this day's journey, drink Champagne on the hillsides of the Aÿ’s vineyard, also a known UNESCO world heritage site.
After your breakfast, transfer to Paris and check in your 4* Hotel. Enjoy a free afternoon to discover the city of Light. Walk long the outstanding Jardin des Tuileries and immerse yourself in the treasures hidden under the amazing pyramid of the Louvre Museum. Stroll through the streets of Quartier Saint-Germain and its cosy “cafés” and “brasseries”. Go from Avenue Montaigne to Champs-Elysées and explore the French fashion, designers’ boutiques and department stores for a unique shopping run. Whether you explore historic districts or architecture, gastronomic restaurant or museum, one thing is certain: the City of Light is a captivating one.
Start relaxed. Check-out in the morning around 11:30 am meeting with your guide and departure for an memorable lunch to the Eiffel Tower restaurant, "The 58", with exceptional views over Paris or to the legendary Brasserie, "La Coupole" in Montparnasse. In the afternoon, free time along the Tour Eiffel area, exploring The Trocadero and The Parc du Champs-de-Mars or ascent up to the Montparnasse Tower Panoramic Observation Deck for a breathtaking 360° panoramic view 210 meters above the ground. After, enjoy a panoramic city tour of the French Capital for a discovery of its the iconic sites (Notre-Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées, Opéra Garnier, Les Invalides). Around 5pm, transfer to the airport of Paris Charles de Gaulle for your flight back to the Philippines.
End of Tour