France: Wine and Gastronomy Tour
USD 3290 per person based on twin-sharing
- Airport transfers
- Hotel accommodation for 7 Nights
- Seat-in coach tour with English speaking tour guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary: 7 Breakfast buffet, 6 Lunch , 4 Dinner
- Experiences as indicated in the itinerary
- Tour entrance fee
- City Tax
- PH travel Tax
- Travel Insurance
- All beverages (unless otherwise specified)
- Incidentals in hotels such as laundry, telephone calls, mini bar
- All other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for the drivers & local guides
*Terms and Conditions apply see Heart of Alsace e-brochure page 93-94
- Guided city tours in Strasbourg, European Capital; Colmar,Capital of the Wine Route; Obernai, the medieval town; Reims, City of coronation; and Paris
- Sightseeing boat tour from downtown to the European Parliament, through the imperial district of Neustadt
- Cooking demonstration of the "Flammekueche" (Tarte Flambée)
- Visit a Foie Gras farm and demonstration on the delicacies and procedures on how to do a Foie Gras.
- Bretzel and Alsatian Apple Pie cooking classes with Joelle
- Visit and tasting at a gingerbread factory in Gertwiller
- Extraordinary experience aboard the hot-air balloon 150-meters above Epernay
- Facinating Cellar visits in Alsace and Champagne
- Private wine tasting in famous Alsatian estates and Champagne Houses
Cultural and Religious Heritage Site Visits
- Mount Sainte-Odile, a 760-meter-high peak in the Vosges Mountains, convent and center of pilgrimage dedicated to Sainte-Odile
- Explore UNESCO world heritage sites in Alsace: Grande île (Strasbourg Cathedral Notre Dame & La Petite France) & Neustadt
- Explore UNESCO world heritage sites in Champagne: Notre Dame de Reims and hillsides of the Aÿ's vineyard in Champagne
Memorable Lunch and Dinner
- Dinner at a 1* Michelin restaurant in Colmar,
- Typical lunch in traditional restaurants / Local cuisine and Cheese tasting
- Food & Champagne pairing for lunch / Dinner at a local restaurant in Reims
- Lunch in the Eiffle Tower Restaurant, "The 58" with exceptional views over Paris, or to the legendary Brasserie, "La Coupole" in Montaparnasse
Arrive at Zurich airport at around 1:20pm and transfer to your Hotel in Alsace. At around 5:00pm check-in and then join everyone for a welcome drink and an introduction about your trip. Enjoy a nice dinner in a traditional restaurant.
Start the day by travelling to the European Capital, Strasbourg. Enjoy a cooking demonstration of the "Flammekueche" (Tarte Flambée), an Alsatian local specialty with a dough base topped with a mixture of cream, soft, white cheese, bacon chunks and onions. Have one traditional and one sweet Tarte Flambée for lunchwith a glass of wine. After lunch, do a guided walking tour at the city center and seat of the European Parliament, Strasbourg. Discover its 2000-years history and exceptional UNESCO heritage as you encounter the majestic Notre Dame Cathedral and La Petite France. Continue your discovery of the city from a unique perspective. Walk along the waterfront and have a sightseeing boat tour from downtown to the European Parliament, through the imperial district of Neustadt. Finish the day with a typical dinner in a traditional restaurant in Colmar.
Departure to Soultz-les-Bains, we stat out the travel to the handsome Foie Gras Lucien Doriath. Visit the farm and witness a demonstration on the delicacies and procedures on how to do a Foie Gras before a delightful tasting of Foie Gras toast pairing with wine. After a delicious lunch on site, visit Obernai medieval town and then, enjoy a tour to Mont Sainte-Odile, a 760-meter high peak in the Vosges Mountains, convent and center of Pilgrimage dedicated to Sainte-Odile, Patron Saint of Alsace. On the way back to the hotel, syop in a gingerbread factory in Gertwiller, capital of gingerbread.
Start your day with a guided tour of the Old town of Colmar, the Capital of the wine route. Here, you’ll discover the Little Venice, half-timbered houses, the covered market, St Martin’s Church. When you reach Ostheim, where you will meet Joëlle, our hostess, and share a moment of cooking conviviality. Joëlle will prepare a Bretzel and an Alsatian Apple Pie. Follow the chef's demonstration and of course, enjoy the food tasting. Lunch is onsite with alsatian cheese tasting. Joëlle will reveal all the secrets of Alsatian cheese! Then continue to the wine route for a walk in the medieval village of Riquewihr, the "Gem of the Alsace Vineyards" and city listed among the most beautiful villages in France. Riquewihr is an open-air museum surrounded by a double medieval rampart. Proceed to a cellar visit and wine tasting in a typical Alsatian wine Estate before you go to back to Colmar for an unforgettable experience and dinner in a 1* Michelin Restaurant..
Private transfer to the historical sparkling wine province, Champagne, located between Alsace region and Paris. On the way, stop in the Lorraine Region to visit the vineyards of the appellation "Côtes de Toul" which are on the village of Toul on the western banks of the Moselle river. Enjoy a cellar visit and a wine tasting of it’s famous “Vin Gris des Côtes de Toul“ that develops intense and unique fruity and floral flavours. After a lunch in the area, continue the journey to the City of Reims. Check-in as you arrive and have dinner at around 7:00pm. Spend a night at leisure to relax and enjoy!
Walk at the city centre of Reims and visit the Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where French kings were coronated during the French Monarchy. Carry on with a fascinating dive into the “crayères”, the sumptuous Champagne cellars, and have a taste of their products they take pride of. Travel to the south of Reims and arrive in the area of Hautvillers village, the cradle of Champagne, for an original Champagne and food pairing. After lunch, take a shortwalk in the village of Dom Pérignon, the “Father of Champagne” and then proceed to your wine journey in the "Champagne Alley” in Epernay which is registered as a UNESCO world heritage site. After, have an extraordinary experience 150-meters above the ground aboard the balloon of Epernay. Discover the hidden gardens of the Avenue de Champagne and contemplate the hillsides of the Champagne vineyards. To cap off this day's journey, drink Champagne on the hillsides of the Aÿ’s vineyard, also a known UNESCO world heritage site.
After your breakfast, transfer to Paris and check in your 4* Hotel. Enjoy a free afternoon to discover the city of Light. Walk long the outstanding Jardin des Tuileries and immerse yourself in the treasures hidden under the amazing pyramid of the Louvre Museum. Stroll through the streets of Quartier Saint-Germain and its cosy “cafés” and “brasseries”. Go from Avenue Montaigne to Champs-Elysées and explore the French fashion, designers’ boutiques and department stores for a unique shopping run. Whether you explore historic districts or architecture, gastronomic restaurant or museum, one thing is certain: the City of Light is a captivating one.
Start relaxed. Check-out in the morning around 11:30 am meeting with your guide and departure for an memorable lunch to the Eiffel Tower restaurant, "The 58", with exceptional views over Paris or to the legendary Brasserie, "La Coupole" in Montparnasse. In the afternoon, free time along the Tour Eiffel area, exploring The Trocadero and The Parc du Champs-de-Mars or ascent up to the Montparnasse Tower Panoramic Observation Deck for a breathtaking 360° panoramic view 210 meters above the ground. After, enjoy a panoramic city tour of the French Capital for a discovery of its the iconic sites (Notre-Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées, Opéra Garnier, Les Invalides). Around 5pm, transfer to the airport of Paris Charles de Gaulle for your flight back to the Philippines.
End of Tour