France: Wine and Cycling Tour
USD 3290 per person based on twin-sharing
- Airport transfers
- Hotel accommodation for 7 Nights
- Seat-in coach tour with English speaking tour guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary: 7 Breakfast buffet, 6 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Experiences as indicated in the itinerary
- Tour entrance fee
- City Tax
- PH travel Tax
- Travel Insurance
- All beverages (unless otherwise specified)
- Incidentals in hotels such as laundry, telephone calls, mini bar
- All other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for the drivers & local guides
*Terms and Conditions apply see Heart of Alsace e-brochure page 93-94
- Guided city tours in Strasbourg, the European Capital; Colmar, Capital of the Wine Route; Reims, City of coronation; and Paris
- Discovery of the "Pearls of Alsace": Eguisheim ranked among the most beautiful villages in France
- Extraordinary experience aboard the hot-air balloon 150-meters above Epernay
- Visit of the inclined plane of Saint Louis Arzviller, a boat lift unique of its kind in Europe
- Exclusive and fascinating two days cycling ride about 70kms along with the wine route villages, castles, churches, and vineyards
- Cellar visits in Alsace and Champagne
- Private wine tasting in famous Alsatian estates and Champagne Houses
- Explore UNESCO world heritage sites in Champagne: Notre Dame de Reims and hillsides of the Aÿ's vineyard in Champagne
Memorable Lunch and Dinner
- Picnic with ham, cheese, bread and wine pairing in the vineyards
- Tarte Flambee experience in traditional Winstub
- Dinner in local Alsatian restaurants
- Food & Champagne pairing for lunch
- Dinner in local restaurants in Reims
- Lunch in the Eiffel Tower Restaurant, "The 58" with exceptional views over Paris, or to the legendary Brasserie, "La Coupole" in Montparnasse
Arrive at Zurich airport at around 1:20pm and transfer to your Hotel in Alsace. At around 5:00pm check-in and then join everyone for a welcome drink. Free time to enjoy the pool or to discover the village, a wine-producing town situated at the foot of Haut Koenigsbourg castle, Saint Hippolyte (Pinot Noir). After this relaxing moment, enjoy a delightful dinner at the hotel restaurant.
Start the day with a walking guided tour of the old city center and the seat of the European Parliament, Strasbourg. Discover its 2000-years history and exceptional UNESCO heritage as you encounter the majestic Notre Dame Cathedral and La Petite France. Enjoy a local lunch in a traditional "Winstub" in Strasbourg. Continue your discovery of the city from a unique perspective. Walk along the waterfront and have a sightseeing boat tour from downtown to the European Parliament, through the imperial district of Neustadt. Then, it is your free time to enjoy the beauty of Strasbourg on your own and to shop in their souvenir shops and department stores. Finish the day with a delightful dinner at the hotel restaurant
After breakfast transfer to Obernai and meet with your local bicycle guide. Ride through the quiet back roads of the vineyards and picturesque villages from Obernai back to St-Hippolyte (distance about 38km). Cycle across beautiful landscapes like the ruins of medieval castles, flowered villages, Romanesque abbey churches, vineyards, and the welcoming "winstubs". Follow Vélo Route 5 and go through villages like Gertwiller, Barr, Mittelbergheim, Andlau, Itterswiller, Nothalten, Blienschwiller, Dambach, Scherwiller, Châtenois, Kintzheim – St. Hippolyte. On the way, stop to have “Flammekueche” for lunch and afterward, continue cycling through the vineyards until you reach Saint-Hippolyte. Then, experience a cellar visit and wine tasting in a local winery before having your delightful dinner.
After breakfast, bike through the marvelous landscapes going to Eguisheim. For a distance of about 35km, travel through wonderful places along the vineyards, following the Vélo Route 5: St. Hippolyte - Bergheim - Bennwihr - Sigolsheim - Ingersheim - Turckheim - Wintzenheim - Wettolsheim - Eguisheim. For lunch, have an unforgettable picnic in the vineyards including aperitif, salads, cheeses, ham, baguettes, dessert, wine, beer, and soft drinks. Enjoy a cellar visit and wine tasting in a famous wine estate in Eguisheim. From there, ride the coach and transfer to Colmar, the capital of Alsatian wines. Check-in at your Hotel in Colmar and rest for a bit. Then, enjoy a guided walking tour at the Old town of Colmar where you’ll discover the Little Venice, the half-timbered houses, and the covered market.
Private transfer to the historical sparkling wine province, Champagne, located between the Alsace region and Paris. On the way to the city of Reims, stop in Saint-Louis Arzviller to visit the inclined plane of Saint-Louis Arzviller, a unique boat lift in Europe. After, board the river shuttle for a cruise. Have a local lunch in the area. Continue to Reims and check-in at your hotel. Have dinner at 7pm and spend the rest of the night at leisure to relax and enjoy the city.
Walk at the city center of Reims and visit the Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where French kings were coronated during the French Monarchy. Carry on with a fascinating dive into the “crayères”, the sumptuous Champagne cellars, and have a taste of their products they take pride of. Travel to the south of Reims and arrive in the area of Hautvillers village, the cradle of Champagne, for an original Champagne and food pairing. After lunch, take a short walk in the village of Dom Pérignon, the “Father of Champagne” and then proceed to your wine journey in the "Champagne Alley” in Epernay which is registered as a UNESCO world heritage site. After, have an extraordinary experience 150-meters above the ground aboard the balloon of Epernay. Discover the hidden gardens of the Avenue de Champagne and contemplate the hillsides of the Champagne vineyards. To cap off this day's journey, drink Champagne on the hillsides of the Aÿ’s vineyard, also a known UNESCO world heritage site.
After your breakfast, transfer to Paris and check in your Hotel. Enjoy a free afternoon to discover the city of Light. Walk long the outstanding Jardin des Tuileries and immerse yourself in the treasures hidden under the amazing pyramid of the Louvre Museum. Stroll through the streets of Quartier Saint-Germain and its cozy “cafés” and “brasseries”. Go from Avenue Montaigne to Champs-Elysées and explore the French fashion, designers’ boutiques and department stores for a unique shopping run. Whether you explore historic districts or architecture, gastronomic restaurants or museums, one thing is certain: the City of Light is a captivating one.
Start relaxed. Check-out in the morning around 11:30 am meeting with your guide and departure for a memorable lunch to the Eiffel Tower restaurant, "The 58", with exceptional views over Paris or to the legendary Brasserie, "La Coupole" in Montparnasse. In the afternoon, free time along the Tour Eiffel area, exploring The Trocadero and The Parc du Champs-de-Mars or ascent up to the Montparnasse Tower Panoramic Observation Deck for a breathtaking 360° panoramic view 210 meters above the ground. After, enjoy a panoramic city tour of the French Capital for the discovery of its iconic sites (Notre-Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées, Opéra Garnier, Les Invalides). Around 5pm, transfer to the airport of Paris Charles de Gaulle for your flight back to the Philippines.
End of Tour
RATE PER PERSON
BASED ON TWIN-SHARING
|Saturday, 06 June||Saturday, 13 June||USD 3290|
|Saturday, 11 July||Saturday, 18 July||USD 3290|